Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

[Linked Image]

Outstanding job on what looks like a very good bear. Congratulations Becca!!

What the lady did is even more impressive when you realize how much she is struggling with a stock that is too long for her. Man her neck must have been a wreck after 15 minutes in that position. She is definitely tough, no doubt about it. She is probably taking more punishment from that rifle than the average guy does.

A suggestion from 50 years of experience: if that is actually her own rifle, maybe she should look into shortening the stock so she does not have the crawl the stock so much, and maybe can see through the scope without so much stretching. I recognize that position 'cause a full length stock does that to me. Simply whacking an inch off my stock the first time I tried it immediately shrunk my groups down a lot, and made me very much more consistent. A bonus was I could work the bolt without removing the butt from my shoulder. With newer firearms, now the length of pull is even longer than back then, so the strrrreeeeetch is nearly impossible. It is much easier to "relax" to shoot if you are not struggling with stock fit and eye relief on the scope.

Maybe have her check her length of pull. It might be enlightening. That one change can make a real difference in accuracy, comfort, speed of target acquisition, and ability to support and control the rifle. One of these days that could be really important.