Good news. Took the rifle to the centerfire shoot (hunting rifle class) and shot a 100-4x with it. Had some newbies at the range today that pissed me off though. They were sighting in their rifles on a target 10 feet to the right of mine and shot my fu cking target 3 times. RSO told them they were shooting the wrong target and they said "oops, we thought we could shoot those targets". Then I said FU CK!!. I was shooting my .223 rem then. When we got the clear your firearms and make range cold call out, one of the stupid f ucks had an accidental discharge with his AR and shot the dirt 5 feet in front of the benches.. Glad I'm home safe right now with no bullet holes in me....!!!! Here's the target I shot with my Ruger m77 mkII .223 rem. with the 3 extra holes in it. Guess which ones are not mine:

[Linked Image]

It was windy yesterday, as a storm was moving in and we got done shooting right before it started to come down. Hope you guys are having a good weekend.

Oh yeah, I also blued the bolt handle on the m1917 and threw a pre 64 model 70 Winchester extractor on it to give it a more subdued look:

[Linked Image]

Now I'm off to buy a timney trigger for this one. You should see the military trigger. Someone put a piece of metal in to take up the slop on the 2 stage trigger, so it acts like a single stage, but it's gritty as hell and kind of tacky. I've always just thrown in the $58.00 Timney sportsman and said to hell with working on the military sob. It's not like a good sweedish mauser trigger..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA