Originally Posted by aalf
Jordan,

I had my finger poised on the buy button for the 195's, but chickened out. I felt it was going to be almost a wash in the performance comparing drop/drift with the Hybrids from a hunting standpoint, which I would most likely limit myself to under 1K in perfect conditions, and realistically under 750, depending.

I was hoping for a good load for the two I bought, the 183's for LR play, and the Hybrids for hunting. My OAL w/ SMK's is a hair over mag length, which was planned as single shot anyway with where I wanted the throating, and the Hybrids shoot fine jumping while fitting the mag....win/win.

The 713 BC for the Sierras is real.....

aalf,

Sounds like a solid plan! Good to know on the MK's. The 0.755 G1 matches up nicely on the 195's also, out to 1420m at least, which is as far as I've shot them so far. I built a rifle around that bullet, so I'm running it well within mag length and kissing the lands, with the bottom of the bullet shank just below the neck/shoulder junction.

That bullet certainly is an animal, and even makes the 162 look silly in the wind. You can definitely tell the difference between the two when they hit steel. When the 195 hits it sounds like somebody hit the plate with a sledge hammer.