Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Higbean
When Berger started claiming how their match bullets worked on game, everyone thought they were full of crap.

When Barnes started selling pure copper bullets, nobody ever thought they'd work good if they even worked at all.

Hornady may or may not be onto something. I think it's pretty funny how many will bad mouth Hornady for something that they can't prove, yet Nosler prints false BC's time and time again (that are easily debunked) and uses them in their advertisements!

The real pisser about the Hornady "just the tip" campaign is the cost increase. Hornady bean counters will consider it a win because of guys like JeffO who shoot more than anybody else and skew the popularity numbers...

I have 3 rifles that luv them some 162 Amax, yes indeed I will make the bean counters at Hornady happy if the ELD's do the same or better. smile

Personally, ammo cost has only ever caused me to stop shooting in one instance, when NATO surplus 7.62 dried up. I had two M1a's that got heavy use when battle packs of milsurp were $45/200 rounds... when that went away I sold them. Couldn't afford to feed them.

32 cent bullets out of three rifles is ok? But god forbid a couple .308's are expensive to feed....

Last edited by Higbean; 05/19/16.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.