I went through a 243/6MM phase a couple of years ago. First bullet I used this time around was the 100 gr, Nosler Solid base, had a few hundred laying around so I used them. Liked it, 1 inch exits and deer went down in the usual 75 yards or less with lung hits. Left a good blood trail too. Next up was the 85 gr. Partition which killed just like the solid base bullets with the exception the exit holes were around 1/2 inch and blood trails a bit thinner. This year I am going to use the 95 gr. BT again. I have used it before and the first 2 deer I shot with it went down on the spot. One did exit on a 50 yard shot through the ribs high leaving a nice 1 inch exit hole. The other also a high ribcage hit just under the shoulder blade on one side and ended up in the shoulder blade just behind the ball joint on the other. Nicely mushroomed and mostly intact. These were all shot out of a 20 inch barrel and velocity at the muzzle was no more than 2900 fps for the 100/95 gr. bullets and 3100 fps with the 85.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]