Hello all.

About 2 years ago, I bought my first and only savage 99. An F model takedown in 300 savage. It's actually marked 1899 but being from 1923 I'm told its a 99, not an 1899.

Anyway, I've shot it only once with old ammo from the 50's and honestly was not overly impressed. It didn't shoot bad, just that I expected better. It was then cleaned and put away and not shot since. Currently, I'm lusting after something else and have decided this is the only gun I own that I'm willing to part with. Crazy to me because I own every single gun I've ever had except a couple that were stolen years ago. The two guns I'm looking to buy or trade for are a Mossberg 46 and a near mint 1967 H&R 999 Sportsman revolver. Total asking price for the two is $475 and I feel the 99 is worth more than that especially with the tang sight but suspect in a trade situation a dealer will not want to make up the difference.

So, like many others, I'm looking for advice on what it's worth. It has a vintage Lyman tang sight that is fully functional and a #6 Lyman rear sight that is NOT fully functional. It is missing one leaf and the leaf that it still has does not lock upright. Stock, metal, bore etc are all in good solid condition. I'll try to get some pictures up here in just a bit but looking for a ballpark figure.

Oh, one other factor, it is a takedown but I have not had it apart. Tried once but couldn't get it to turn, didn't want to force it so just quit trying.