OK, after reading the last couple comments, I was a bit ticked off and decided to just walk away but I'm not leaving without one last comment. Specifically noted are the comments about eye bleach required and red hot branding irons in the eyes. The only way I can take those is as a couple smart ass comments meaning the rifle is so ugly you all want to gouge your eyes out. Excuse the F¥@k outta me boys if my only Savage is not up to par here.

I didn't come here to sell here and probably worded the title wrong. As stated in the first post, I was looking at a trade locally and only wanted a good idea of value FOR THAT TRADE. I didn't come fishing for a buyer. I didn't come for a professional appraisal. I certainly know that a true appraisal costs money and can't be done on line accurately. All I wanted was a friendly, ball park value from guys who supposedly like Savage 99's. I got a couple helpful pm's from several members and for that, thank you. But damn, I have to say I haven't been on a sight in a long time that came across as just a couple of jerks. Reminds me of one of the AR forums I went to once just to try to learn a bit. Those idiots were flat out hostile to each other. I never bothered to post.

So, unless I missed something and misunderstood, I believe I'm done here. Maybe I'll lurk and search now and then because there is some good info floating around but I'll not be a regular.

Last edited by DaveBulla; 05/28/16.