Glock has a cult like following. I heard/read more irrational, hyperbolic, or just plain goofy stuff about Glock's than any other pistol combined. There are some who just think it's the ultimate tool, the greatest invention mankind has ever created. For those people, you can't really tell them anything; they will not accept that a Glock is every bit as "mortal" as the other top grade pistols...oh hell no, it's miles above the rest. They are the kool aid drinkers.

So Jimmy, I'm not actually advocating any one pistol over another, nor am I saying there's anything wrong with preferring a Glock. But when you get all gushy over how awesome a Glock is on a thread where we're just talking about various minutia about the Beretta 92; well it just makes you look like one of those exceptionally insecure people who are scared to death there's some slim chance you don't have it all figured out.

I personally think the Beretta 92 is ever bit as reliable as any Glock, and under certain conditions could be even more reliable (and under certain circumstances a Glock can be more reliable than the 92). Regardless, both have proven to be as reliable as a crow bar.

I tend to shoot a Beretta much better than a Glock because I've yet to see a Glock that was as accurate as a 92 or had a trigger that was nearly as good. I personally don't have any issue with the transition from DA to SA; but that's just me.

On the other hand, the ergonomics of the Beretta are just plain inferior to most Glocks, and the slide mounted safety...well, if you're going to put a safety on a handgun, that's NOT where you put one.

I happen to think the Glock 19 is a damn near perfect daily concealed carry pistol even though they're butt-ugly.

I honestly don't give a rats-azz what Cooper says because I'm quite capable of thinking for myself. I don't disrespect Cooper, in fact I really thank him for the modern technique. And had I grown up in his generation I too would have thought the 1911 was the end all. But the 1911 isn't even close to being in the same league as the Beretta 92 for reliability; it's just not.

Now I happen to be a fan of the Beretta 92, but I certainly don't think it's the END ALL; it's just a damn good pistol. I'm a big fan of the the Glock 19/23 because they're just freaking awesome pistols; but I don't think they're right for everyone. And as fantastic as they are, they do have their issues (few that they are).

I also happen to think that straight up world class pistols can be had from S&W, CZ, Sig, and H&K.

So settle down and relax. No one's kicking around your Glock, and even if they were, such thing are not a personal attack on your character or decision making process.