Hmm, my post seems to have missed the mark since it wasn't about Glocks or Berettas per se. What I was trying to point out was human nature and the unfailing comedy of egos at work.

Let someone say something good or even objectively point out the good things about anything, for instance, "here's some interesting things about a Beretta 92", but it could be a brand of car, another brand of handgun, rifle, whatever, and invariably many people see that and do not think, "hmm, here's an objective statement or subjective opinion about something", rather they think, "well, you're not touting MY brand of car/handgun/rifle/whatever, so what you're really doing is saying this thing is better than what I own, and further you must think what I own really stinks, and because I derive my ego identity from my possessions if you think what I own stinks then you must think I'm an idiot for owning it, so now I have to attack whatever you said good things about and play up the thing I own as the best thing in the world because I know in my heart that you didn't really mean to say something nice about something unrelated to me, what you really meant to do was directly and openly attack me personally."

But "What is read: 'Glocks suck!'" seemed a bit more pithy...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!