Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Originally Posted by Biggs300
Out to 225 yards or so, BC is not much of a concern for me. This is the range that both my 358 Win as well as my 9.3x62 excel. For the 358 Win I use 225 grain NP's and my 9.3 likes 286 grain Norma Oryx and 286 grain NP's. I really like both calibers…a lot.
Hunters with 375 should listen up, this fella knows what he's talking about. LOL

Those 286gr. Nosler partitions are no laughing matter in the 9.3x62mm. The CZ 550 I used to have was damn accurate out to 350 yards with that bullet. At 100 yards it was like wasting bullets, because I always knew where they were going to go:

[Linked Image]

As for my 375, It is accurate, but not as accurate. I also only shoot 3 shot groups with that ol girl...:

[Linked Image]

However, this bullet and rifle are still game getters out to 500 yards, so why do I need a higher bc pill???? If I were going to snipe something at 1000 yards, then maybe. But until then I'll keep using partitions and keep it simple... wink

Your last statement is exactly what most 375 H&H shooters already know and have exploited it's effectiveness at those ranges where it works best, sticking a heavier bullet in it won't make it fly flatter regardless of bc gains, need more fuel to do that

awesome groups by the way, more proof that fat bullets can be shot with precision

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".