I finally got out to shoot the new gun. I actually shot it better than my Gen 3 Glock 19 with both 124 grain Gold Dots and my 115 grain handloads. Explanations that I considered include:

1. I improved noticeably in the last week. Highly unlikely.
2. The Full Gray color makes a difference in my shooting ability. I saw a video by an outfit named ‘flaveprecision.com that asserted that the color of a Glock makes a tremendous difference. Link to 'flaveprecison.com. Although I watched the video multiple times, I had concerns about the methodology, and the star of the video looked goofy. So, I scratched that off the list.
3. Difference in grip and finger placement. The gun does feel different in the hand than the Gen 3, and I think my finger is better positioned on the trigger.
4. I discovered that Tru Glo changed the design of its TFX sights since I put a set on the Gen 3 about 15 months ago. The newer version has more rounded outside edges. I found that it aided me in lining up the rear sight .
5. Trigger pull. Using my cheap Wheeler Trigger Pull scale is a lesson in variability, but the Gen 4 is consistently lighter than the Gen 3, to the tune of about a half pound. I am not sure how much of a difference that makes, because I also am used to pulling the really heavy Glock 43 trigger.
6. Luck and/or Karma. I’ll take them!

Anyway, YMMV.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln