It's probably going to cost me at least $1 per pound. It's shinny and hard but some pigs look better than others. He has recently produced lines on type with it and it formed up nicely. I bought some of the lines of type a while back but haven't tried to cast anything with it. I assume I'll be mixing it with lead or WW to come up with good bullet material.

I can hardly find ww's in my area anymore and think this may be my last chance to buy Linotype. I hope to be able to sell about half for $1.50 or more per pound to offset my cost of my own some. If I buy it I'll send some samples to whoever the campfire casting gurus are and we'll see what they think of it.

I wish I had a good local source for pure lead scrap but I dont. I'm thinking blending it with pure lead should produce a good alloy although like you said I may have to add some tin which isn't cheap. I'll ask if tins been added over the years to keep it up. I've already got a guy I trade with wanting a decent amount at a little more than I'll be paying. I'll probably get flamed on here for making a profit but even after 8 years under Obama I still can't bring myself to think capitalism is all evil.

Bb