Originally Posted by Ackman
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Ackman
People crying "foul" and "irrelevant." The commercial is what it is.....shows how things that dent steel will punch a hole through aluminum. There's no big mystery to this. Maybe some would rather see a demonstration with construction blocks made of wood or foam? Or a lunchbox instead of a tool box. Whatever the brand name, I'd not want a pu truck bed made of aluminum.

I always see cinder blocks dropped in 1/2 ton pickup beds with a bucket loader .

I'd not want a pu truck bed made of aluminum.

You will be relegated to driving old pickups then because lightweight materials will be required to meet the FEd Govt fuel economy mandates. Sidewalls of the box BTW are steel reinforced.

You don't like that a - Ford - can be so easily damaged. But doesn't have to be cinder blocks, different things get dropped by mistake. Don't be so sure about all future pickups having aluminum beds like that one if it's so easy to punch holes in them. Matters not to me, I like my truck just fine and have no desire for a new one.

Chevy is about to do it as will the other manufactuers. Ford got a huge head start on them. ThisAluminum truck that is the safest by a large margin in any crash test and gets 24 mpg and will outpull about any V8 engine what is not to like? I don;'t know many people that have 50k + pickups that knowingly abuse them but I work hard for my money and some people don't know how to take care of their equipment. If I wanted a work truck I would have bought a base model XL with rubber floor mats.