I had Dale Hegstrom of Little Crow Gunworks put a 1-8 twist Brux barrel in 22-250 on a 700 action along with 1-8 Rock and Brux barrels on a pair of short M70 push feed actions in 220 Swift for me. My son bedded two of the barreled actions into Edge stocks while the Rock Swift was bedded into the original wood stock.

Dale did the 22-250 first and I shot the smallest group I had ever shot. When the Swifts were completed, they both matched the 22-250 as far as accuracy with 75 grain Amax or VLD bullets. They will all shoot 55 or 62 grain TTSX's into tiny groups as well. I recently got some 75 grain SII's and am going to see how they shoot in the Swifts.

This is only an extremely small sample of the 22-250 vs the Swift, but from what I have seen the two cartridges will shoot to about the same level of accuracy in these rifles. However, day in and day out, the 22-250 might have an ever so small edge and that might have to do with brass. I am using Lapua brass in the 22-250 and Winchester brass in the Swifts. I have a variety of different brass headstamps for the Swifts but have not taken the time yet of see if there is any accuracy differences vs the Winchester stuff due to the Winchester working very well.

Before my shoulder problems started, I was amazed on how accurate several 7mm Remington Magnums were. I bought my first in the late '60's with several others to follow. All shot extremely well...

Then there is the .300 Savage. I never could see any reason to get a .308 because all of the 300's I've had shot so well.

Last edited by mmgravy; 06/25/16.