Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by djs
Those who voted for BREXIT tended to be older and less educated. Like in the US, these folks have been less prepared to the changes that have occurred with globalization (which is good for economic growth). One British commentator noted that the majority of those who voted for BREXIT) will live for an average of 16 years while those favoring remaining in the EU have an average life expectancy of 69 years remaining. Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view.

I believe that Britain will rue the day they took this vote. Already, several major manufacturers are discussing relocating to the continent (with the expected lay-offs in Britain) and several large corporations are making noises of relocating their corporate headquarters. Currently, Britain has the lowest unemployment rate (55) in the EU - this is expected to change over the next few years (upward).

We can only speculate the long term consequences of this vote, but it is not expected to be good.

Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!

The youth in Brittain, even more so than here, don't have a clue. All they know is what was taught them in schools and colleges and on the globalist government controlled media.

"Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!"

By younger, I was referring to those in their early-mid 30's, not 20 year olds. These folks have 30+ years to work and then a retirement that my extend for another 30 years. A 60 year old with lesser education is approaching retirement and their work life is nearing its' end. The younger generation has (generally) greater education and a more professional or white-collar employment. Just as in the US, blue-collar employment has dropped as jobs have gone overseas, while professional/white-collar employment has grown. This younger generation is concerned that their future will be diminished.

Keep in mind that US manufacturing is at its' all time high, but with productivity gains and automation, many manufacturing jobs have disappeared - never to return.