Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
DO NOT double vapor barrier! If it were mine, and I've done a lot of these (In lower 48), I would want the vapor barrier to the inside of the insulation. I would pull down the plywood, put up the vapor barrier sealing any penetrations or holes in the barrier with Tyvec Tape. Then put up the plywood and drywall. No VB paint.

Yeah, I thought of that. Lot of work! And probably wasted plywood that would need replacing. If contractors would use screws instead of nail guns with galvanized nails (or do it right to start with) it would make life a lot easier.

The vapor barrier will of course go on the inside.

I'm just wondering with the plywood between it and the insulation, if the plywood would soak up water from the outside ambient air and eventually rot. I don't see why it would, anymore than the studs do. I'd prefer the plywood to be inside the vapor barrier also, but that probably isn't going to happen unless I get adamant negative responses, not just from 24hr, but several local building sources.

I have a few days to think about it. The salmon are calling my name ("dip", "dip" - I'm assuming they are talking about the net.... smile ). Likely go get 10 or 12 on tomorrow morning's tide (the week-enders will be gone, and the after-worker folks not arrived), then process both the fresh and the 20 lbs or so left from last year (will brine, smoke, and can those)

Last edited by las; 06/26/16.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.