Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Pugs
We complain that many blacks in America haven't gotten over slavery and moved on and yet the south continues to bitch about a poor decision on their part from 150 years ago. The south got to live with the consequences of their actions.

My family is of southern heritage(GA, SC, NC, MS, TX, AR)and came to this country in the 1680's and fought with the CSA. I understand their cause but have zero sympathy for the way they went about resolving their grievances.

Complain all you want but as screwed up as we are as a country we would be a disaster for the last 150 years as a fractionalized groups of country states.

South continues to bitch or the North continues to remind us? I think it is the latter quite frankly.

In my experience, most Northerners don't feel any particular attachment to the American Civil War and, if they do, it isn't nearly as strong an attachment as some Southerners continue to feel.

I don't hear the Civil war mentioned much by southerners. I do hear about refugees from the northern states spending a good part of their days telling us how great it was living up there. My response to them is WTF did you move down here then?

For the record I am a transplanted Yankee who unfortunately lived up there for 27 years . I love the northeast just not the people.