I carry an LCP .380, can't comment on something else since the only other real pocket gun I've owned is a Kel-Tec P32.

Hand shape or size must play a role in whether someone likes the LCP or not since I found mine very comfortable to shoot through a box of 50 rounds. Recoil is snappy as expected but not harsh in the least, and certainly not as much as a Walther PPK with that heavy slide inertia.

I like mine a lot. It's more accurate than it needs to be, it points very well for me, has a good trigger pull and it's reliable. It doesn't replace my 9mm's but for certain situations as 4ager notes it's a great Rule #1 gun. (Rule #1 for a Gunfight - Bring a gun).

Reviewed mine here last February so the best thing is to link to that.

Rat Gun review

On pocket carry, again individual shape and size and what clothes you wear make a difference. My old K-T P32 was carried in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and when standing in blue jeans it was an indistinguishable lump, looked like I was carrying my wallet in my front pocket. Sitting down it became a very obvious lump but with the holster it didn't print as a firearm. The LCP is marginally bigger so just exaggerate everything said about the K-T.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!