Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TheKid
Pretty sure my folks aren't going to ever get out of bed and strap on their full size Sigs or 1911s, hence " if it needs a holster it will get left home". I realize that a full size fighting handgun would be more effective but it just isn't going to happen for them.

I was thinking the LCP pro would be the way to go, I have a buddy with one and I consider the sights alone a huge step up from the original LCP. As Jim said, hand shape must have a lot to do with perceived recoil as I have shot the LCP quite a bit and don't find it objectionable. They certainly aren't a target pistol but I don't find them painful to shoot. Mom and Pop might but I don't, I also have long skinny hands so maybe that makes a difference.

I will check the G42 pricing from my distributors and see how close to their budget they are. I personally like the little Glocks I've shot but the trigger worries me a little for pocket carry. The LCP is much longer DA and seems harder to set off in a pocket to me.

Personally I prefer a J frame for this type of duty but I'm also willing to alter my dress habits to allow me to carry something discretely. They are not but that's okay, at least now they'll be carrying something. %99.99 chance the little guns will shoot a hell of a lot more Rattlesnakes, armadillas, and stuff like that than bad guys.
None of these guns should be pocket carried without a proper pocket holster. Way too dangerous.

Bullschit. The LCP is quite fine for pocket carry without a holster, just like a J-frame snubnose. The G42? Hell no; I'd not pocket carry that without a holster.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.