Tired of Seattle. No real ties here other than a couple friends. Real estate/rent is pricing me out, don't like the politics, and want a change in scenery.

I have a B.A. in History, currently work in customer service/user support/project management and been doing that gig for 10 years. Time for a change up in location, would like to be within 10-14 hours driving distance from my parents who live in NW Illinois.

Looking for city of about 100k+ so jobs are readily available. Don't care so much what I'm doing, but I LOVE process improvement type stuff. Not looking far north, hate long winters but snow is OK for a month or two. Would like somewhere where cost of living is low (it's incredible in Seattle as we're fast becoming the new San Fran).

States I don't want to live in:
-Illinois
-West Virginia

States I am interested in:
-Kentucky
-Tennessee
-Indiana
-Ohio
-Missouri
-Arkansas
-Others?

I was reading about Lexington and Louisville and those piqued my interest. Ample hunting/fishing/outdoors opportunities a bonus. Anywhere near southwest Ohio might be nice, my B.A. from Miami University of OH is a foot in the door in that area I hope.

My ultimate goal is to go somewhere near a relatively large city with jobs available, low cost of living so my dollar goes further, and to be somewhat closer to my family while not sweating or freezing my nuts off for 6+ months on end.

What say you?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"