I can see an issue of a cliff or boundary.

But I"ve trailed so many into thickets, including S Texas stuff, that it just seems like, and again its IMHO, learning to trail and trailing now and then is not a bad thing because no matter how good you think you are, sooner or later you'll have to trail to find a dead one or worse yet trail a live wounded one.

Of course those that are bowhunters have no choice and since we bowhunted almost totally for 20 plus years, trailing is no biggie and actually a fun part of the puzzle for me. Still is today.

But now, I ended up with a dog thats a super trailer and TIger goes with me to the woods all the time, and we have fun watching him trail. Sooner or later he'll calm down to where he'll lay still and follow close and slow when I roam around, but he has yet to spook a deer.... but I digress.

Shoot for them to drop on the spot if you want to, but trailing here and there is always good as a refresher.

Light and fast bullets, TTSX if I run that route, tend to have the shortest trails. But again if you really have to have it, the ONLY way reliably is CNS.

I"d hate to shoot a mountain goat in teh head to drop him, but even then, dropping him may not save him... same with sheep...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....