Sponxx,

With 160 grain Partitions and H-4831. According to my chrono, I get just over 3100FPS. Keep in mind this load was taken from circa 1975 loading data. It shoots well in my rifle, and will one-shot kill huge elk. Newer data list my H-4831 load as above maximum, which is ironic because it was listed as 3 grains under max when it was printed.

My 150 grain load come right outta Nosler's manual: 63 grains of IMR 4350 for just over 3200 FPS. This will shoot very tiny groups.

I'm prone to thinking that a 150 grain Partition might be the best single bullet for all North American big game. If I were to hunt the biggest bear, I'd go with a 175 grain Partition.

I don't shoot anything lighter than 150 grain bullets. If a lighter bullet will get the job done, I'll take a .270 Win, which I'll assuredly do from here on out.

R-22, which is really Norma's MRP, will give highest velocity. H-4831 might be the most versatile 7MM Rem Mag powder. It also provides excellent accuracy.

BTW, I've bought a 100 Norma brass. It was expensive, nearly a buck a piece. But they ought to last many, many years.

The 7MM Rem Mag was created as a long range elk rifle. In that capacity, none are better. In really it is more gun than necessary for the largest mule deer. But for a hunter who wants to own only one gun, a 7MM Rem Mag is hard to beat, especially if you hand load.

I own a Belgian Browning, a beautiful rifle. It is closing in on 50 years old. I've never hunted with it. I've never brought it on a hunt. It's chambered for .338 Win Mag, which is far too much gun for everything in North America except the largest bear.