Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by TBREW401
How about maggy, as in 44 maggy, or 7 maggy?

Used to have a customer when I worked in the LGS that used all that terminology. We called him Mr. Winnie Maggie

ingwe;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust this finds you all doing well and keeping sufficiently cool.

Whenever the subject of "proper use of the English language" comes up, I first recall my Grade 9 metalwork teacher, one Mr Urgen Danz.

Back in those "dark days" it was still acceptable for teachers to smoke in class - well Mr. Danz did anyway... wink

I can still recall him berating a fellow student for using some slang term. Please picture a bespectacled man in a blue shop coat standing at the front of the class, holding his smoking cigarette in that European way with the thumb and middle finger while muttering in a VERY thick German accent.

"Cheezus chentlemen, you all need a thezaurus. You have less comprehension of your language than I do and I'm a GD foreigner!" laugh

Ah the good old days of calling a digging instrument what it is, no?

He was, I should add, the person who first used the term "proper nomenclature" that I'd encountered and when I'm using it teaching a Hunter Safety class it's all I can do to not throw a wee bit of a Deutsche accent into it. wink

All the best to you all ingwe.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"