Originally Posted by Sitka deer
"Originally Posted By Sitka deer
Originally Posted By smokepole
I'm pretty sure that if I invite a guy from back east out here to go on an elk hunt with me, and he lets me hunt whitetails on his place back there, neither one of us is "in the business."

That depends entirely on how your state regulates such things. In AK it would ABSOLUTELY be considered guiding.

I'm sure it would, if either one of us was stupid enough to discuss such things with F&G."

What part of your post do you think does not suggest you are saying to ignore the law?

My last comment here, you are obviously unaware how stupid you look...

You're obviously unaware that I don't live in Alaska and nothing in my post had anything to do with Alaska. I don't believe the OP mentioned Alaska either. I could never break Alaska's game laws by hosting another hunter there because I don't live there and never will. So I will never find myself in that situation, and am not advocating that others break that law.

Do you see how that works? I can draw a picture if you'd like.

Alaska (and you) are not the center of the universe.

My comment was on how ridiculous the law is. And how unlikely it would be that someone would actually volunteer information to implicate himself in an act that may not have even taken place yet, in another jurisdiction thousands of miles away.

Do you understand that concept?

A wise man is frequently humbled.