Bob,

It always amazes me why someone would actually try to attempt to discount another's experience, be it playing horse shoes or handloading. Why is someone elses' experience so threatening to some, in this case, obviously you. Lighten up. Since you've decided that the information I've offered here is either just #'s I've decided to use or that I'm trying to demean the 300WM, I don't think that you or anybody else can truly believe that to be true. But since you don't seem to trust anyone elses' #'s and experiences, it is puzzling as to why you haven't questioned John as to the veracity of the #'s he pulled directly from a handloading manual, be it John's veracity or the manuals......as you did the #'s I offered. Do you actually think it impossible that my 180gr. load can't be a bit faster at 3,130fps faster than their published load? Identical loads from identical rifles can and do differ by 100fps, but you should know that.

As to RL22.......I have had zero problems with it's reliability in terms of uniformity or otherwise. Perhaps it's the combination of components that I use, who knows? I have heard the negative reports, but I also have heard many positive reports. But, once again, it seems that you have the definitive answers on all such things.

As to my 'grand total' of having loaded only one 300WSM in my life, please refer to many of my posts that would correct that intentional mischaracterization on your part to place my handloading experience in doubt by those that may not know me or have chosen to read only bits and parts of this thread. I have handloaded for many different handgun and rifle cartridges and had you done a bit of homework before rushing to show your ignorance in that regard, this correction could have been avoided.

People's experiences are exactly that....their experiences. What would be to gain by lying about their findings such as with the information that I have offered and even the #'s that John showed you from a handloading manual? Does my experience and claim of getting 100fps(+/-) from what that manual even states as possible that much of a threat to you so as to elicit such an inaccurate and rather useless response from you? What's the point in that....?

Civil.......solely considering the source when deciding that question makes that task so much easier.

Last edited by magnumb; 08/18/16.