Bob,

How is it that some here have access to so many more manuals from this century than the 'King of Handloading' himself.....?

If you're desire to keep as current with potential loadings for such 'newer' cartridges is as necessary as your trying to find fault with others experiences, I would have thought that you would have certainly taken the time to do your homework prior to posting your 'amazing cartridge' comments and the like and save yourself the position you now find yourself. That is.......now having to refute both a very respected members finding (done with that little bit of homework you evidently don't put any stock in) along with several well known and respected manuals and their long established companies that obviously did not check with you first as to your definitive and final finding on the potential of the 300WSM.

I did purchase my 300WSM immediately following it being offered. As you should know and as was very clearly explained to you by another member, there isn't always much information nor components/charges that have been used and assessed to pass on to new owners at that stage. And what is offered oftentimes is a conservative to very conservative #'s. Case in point......the 3-4 manuals who have quite substantially 'upgraded' their printed findings concerning the 300WSM that was very nicely afforded you quite recently. So yes, we new owners of this very new and unique big game hunting cartridge were unintentionally left to much of our own devices to find what it could do. My load was rather easy to find since RL22 (yes, I have been well aware of most all powders characteristics, including RL22's as I do my homework) worked so well even though it was also a newcomer to the powder line-up. The TSX design also intrigued me and due to it's published and advertised ability to exhibit much lower pressures than bullets not so designed, that made sense too.

So there you have it Bob. And no.......as a longtime member here you should know that only the less intelligent and unconcerned members post charges that come up against or exceed even the most liberal publications charge weights. Why would you want that information since you clearly stated that "you will trust your judgment over mine any day of the week".....? Your logic is both confusing and a bit all over the board, so if you don't truly care really, why ask.....?

A good day to either go online or to finally venture out amongst the people into the sunlight and purchase some handloading manuals that don't consist of parched, yellow pages. Had you done so earlier (ie: doing your homework), you could have saved us all this unnecessary back and forth.

As your last post and last sentence allowed me this thought....It's always the guys who believe that they are the most intelligent and knowledgeable that find out eventually that the object in their hand is their hat.

Enjoy your outing.....

Last edited by magnumb; 08/19/16.