Originally Posted by JDK
I'm different from many on this site as I get little satisfaction from shooting and experimenting with shooting equipment. Those are tools and I tend to pick something that works for me and move on. I get a far greater thrill from being in the woods, and seeing animals, be it in April when they break out of the yards or in November with a cross hair on his chest. Maybe if I lived in an area with higher numbers or I could shoot longer distances I'd feel different but I just plain love being in the woods and poking around. The days when there is 6 inches of snow on the ground and a light dusting is falling and you suddenly see a leg, nose, or out of place patch. Knowing that you beat him on his terms is pretty damned special because it doesn't happen all that often..

Well said and I'm not sure many realize how successful you can be just by poking around more than a little in the right places. Even doing so there are times to stick it out in one spot for a bit. For some, it beats sitting up in a perch for hours on end looking at the same piece of ground.

laissez les bons temps rouler