deerhunter5555, congrats on your new heater. I've owned and carried a PM9 for 10+ years now. I don't carry it every single day, as I recently picked up a G19 for my carry rotation for reasons I'll explain.

Don't know about your shooting style or requirements for carry, but I can tell you about a couple things that have made my experience better.

First off, get yourself a couple of the extended 7 rd mags, like j2dogs has in his pics above. Do not wait. It will give you a much higher appreciation for the platform and your grip will be light years better. (My experience).

Secondly, if you're going to carry IWB, make sure you get a quality holster. I have a Milt Sparks VM2 that is completely broke in and is extremely comfortable. For those times when I carry IWB, this is my huckleberry. May or may not work for you. They are not cheap and the wait is long unless you can pick one up used. I wasn't that smart and I am left handed, to boot. But make sure you've got something you're comfortable with.

Lately, if I carry one of my Kahr 9mm's (I also have an MK9 I bought a while ago from another forum member for backup), I often pocket carry when the G19 isn't appropriate. Strong side front pocket in a pair of cargo shorts raises absolutely no eyebrows.

I bought the G19 solely because I felt a need to increase onboard capacity when I go down into Indian country. Part of my gig is I am a landlord in south FL. Buying the G19 had nothing to do with any inefficiency of the Kahrs and was solely made for the increased capacity.

I am not necessarily recommending the Kahr 9mm's. They may not be for everybody and other options are available, like the G43. But, they have performed well for me and continue to do so. Since you have already bought one, I thought I'd give you some info I've gleaned over the 10+ years I've carried them.

PS- the action, trigger, slide will get easier and much smoother after you've got some rounds through it. Not sure what the problem was that someone mentioned about breaking them down, but they are the easiest guns I own to break down. Pretty sure I could do it with my eyes closed. smile

Best Wishes,
LD

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH