Originally Posted by SAKO75
All this bullet talk got me to playin' around yesterday with milk jugs filled with water... I know water isnt the best predictor of terminal performance.

I used a glock 19 with a 124 grain HST +P and a Glock 42 with 90 grain Gold dot

both penetrated 2 full gallon jugs and both were caught in the third... I have no doubt the Lehigh ammo wouldve gone further

You are right about water jugs not being the best predictor of terminal performance, but they are handy for comparing bullets, as you know.

For comparison, in the same test (water filled milk jugs), a 124gr Gold Dot +P+ 9mm (1300 fps) penetrated pretty much the same as your HST; caught in the 3rd jug.

The 90gr Lehigh at 1525 fps penetrated 5 jugs, caught in the board behind the 5th. It didn't mess up the first jug as bad as the Gold Dot, but burst the 2nd and 3rd considerably more than the Gold Dot.

I've also been playing with a 100gr flat point cast bullet in the 9mm; the Lee 95-RF, basically a 100gr WFN design. At 1500 fps (hard cast) it also penetrated 5 jugs, but only destroyed the first one. The rest just had caliber size holes punched through. Good penetration but much less effect than the 90gr Lehigh.