Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by deflave

I'm not trying to "get" anybody on anything.

But day care is about $13K a year. Depending.

Apartments average about the same for the year. Depending.

Health insurance is usually... what? $5K a year?

Gasoline and Cheerios ain't exactly free. Nor is clothing, cars, beer, or light bulbs.

So somewhere down the line, math has to be math and I've yet to meet a working stiff "single mom" that isn't getting help from somebody, somewhere.

Tax funded or not.

If your daughter is the exception, kudos to her.

Dave

Daycare is free when you have a caring family. Whether you are married or not. Kids get passed around between Aunts, Uncles, & Grand Parents. Everybody gets a chance with everyone's kids.

Around here, renting a snug, secure home in a GOOD neighborhood, with a very large yard for garden and play will/does cost $7K/year plus water/sewer which is not too high but I can't quote it.

And why anyone would pay rent still baffles me beacause she could have bought the property for $200/month less than the rent. But in her case, her credit was ruined when her ex failed to pay for or sell the home he kept in the divorce. But that is off point.

Clothing comes from various thrift stores and gets handed down.

A good portion of the grocery bill can be alleviated with a bit of sweat equity in the garden. And beans are a lot cheaper than t-bones.

Beverages come from the kitchen faucet.

Life is as expensive as one cares to make it.

Those with self respect do for themself as much as they possibly can.

Loser trash sit on their ass and wait for .gov handouts, while expecting a lifestyle equal to that of an accredited Medical Doctor.

Ok.

So who is watching that kid for 40 hours a week?

Dave

Travis, just cause you asked so politely.

My kids all take turns watching all their kids.

The situation was: my two daughters lived next door to each other, my son, his wife, & three kids were 1/2 block away. Momma and I are ten minutes down the road.

Daughter #1 was single w/ two girls. Daughter #2 was a stay at home Mom of three.

Daughter #1 hustled girls over to Daughter #2's house at 5:30 AM and went to work. Son dropped his 2 older girls off with Daughter #2. Daughter #2 got all the kids ready and drove them to school.

Daughter #1 got off work in time to be home and pick up ALL the kids from school. Then she would baby sit in the evening until Son came home from work.

The two daughters usually combined efforts for dinner and fed their combined families.

Momma and I are/were always available to fill in if someone came up short.

None of our kids or Grand kids ever spent a day in daycare.....
until daughter #2 started working in a daycare and took her youngest, a three year old boy to work with her.

Daughter #1 got remarried three years ago and is a lady of leisure. 'Cause that money ain't gonna spend itself, ya know.

She and her husband now pay more in Fed Tax/year than her gross income for any ten year period in her entire previous life.

Oh, and here is the whole bunch about four years ago when things were most hectic.

[Linked Image]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.