Originally Posted by deerstalker
mapquest has sent me on some wild goose chases. have had good luck with good gps's.
downed a Elk one year and had a buddy with a helo that said to call if i did. took a waypoint, texted him the CO's and he flew straight to us. only way to pack elk!

GPS is awesome. I trust mine, but that doesn't mean I don't carry a map and compass and know ways to find coordinates in the area's I hunt. My GPS has never let me down and I seriously doubt it ever will. I also believe the OP is talking about car GPS systems. I remember one winter driving up to my shooting pit and coming up on a semi stuck in the snow. He said he was following the GPS directions and it led him to this road which was a non maintained road that is eventually closed to vehicles over 48" wide in the winter. The biotch of using a car GPS is it looks for the shortest route and sometimes that shortest route is not possible....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA