Originally Posted by Mannlicher
simplistic and sophomoric. There is so much more than that at play with drug prices. If you think prices are too high, in general, it's because of the FDA or the DOJ. Both drive the price. Blame a politician, a bureaucrat or a lawyer, not the company that makes and sells the product. They make very little on it, and on stuff like EpiPen, probably lose money.

Epinephrine is an old drug-I mean very old. I'm retired recently now from giving anesthesia but the very last case I did was a healthy, young (30's) patient who presented for a normal and usual procedure and as we say in the vernacular, should have been a "walk in the park" anesthesia-wise.

It turns out she proceeded to a total anaphylactic shock due to some extraneous agent (I will not name here but not given me ). "Epi" and some other drugs and mucho fast decisions and action literally saved her brain and her life.

This drug in "epi-pen" form (which she now requires in multiple locations) should not be expensive. No figures or facts in hand but if I saw the glass house of the ACA on the hill, and had the opportunity, I walk up and throw the biggest rock I could. And as hard and fast as I could.