Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I only spent years and years in the business. I think I have a dang good idea of how it works, and who is responsible for pricing.

I worked in the medical industry long enough to see how tha guvment was screwing people over... and that was before Obamacare. Dying of cancer and there's a miracle drug that may cure you but it isn't FDA approved yet? TOO STINKING BAD!!! They're not going to rush approve it, even "if it can save just one life."

ETA Sam, I'd not mind hearing why you think this company might be losing money selling EpiPens @ $630 a pop.

I guess a better way to look at it would be 'not making the profit margin they targeted'. Lots of factors can impact that, including, but not limited to State contracts, federal contracts, litigation, gearing up for a new version of the pen, HR costs, material costs, new EPA or FDA regulations in the manufacturing process................the list is endless.

Thanks Sam. 5 years ago my copay after insurance for the EpiPen was $15. Wondering why it's now so much more. I would think if they really had those high operational costs they would be built into the cost of the drug from the get-go, and not raised the price as time went on due to operational costs. In my estimation, it's greed, because they can (for the reasons I already stated in this thread- .gov creating the conditions for the monopoly to exist).

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"