Had an old Beeman Webley Hawk III in .177 with a Beeman 3-7x scope stored away since moving here in '94. No clue as to when it was last shot. A conversation with a friend got me curious so I dug it out, dusted it off, and lubed it. Found the power bell was slightly bent but the scope was still adjustable and functional. Tested the gun and everything works as it should. It was louder than I remember and only puts out around 650 fps. Had a lot of fun with it back in the '70s when it was bought new. Pretty darned accurate too. Lived close to Beeman's store in NoCal in those days and spent far too much time there drooling over the higher priced offerings. Had a young family to take care of so the inexpensive Webley was more budget friendly.

At near 70 I don't get around like I used to so range visits are much less frequent than in years past. Plus during the winter I don't much like venturing out. An air pistol for backyard and downstairs shooting sounded like just the ticket so I have a Crosman 1322P coming. Had thought about the Crossman Custom Shop 1300KT but wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy / use this so I went basic first. As an aside I had an old Crosman 130 in my teens and had fun with it.

This friend that sparked my interest has both a RWS 48/P01 and an El Gamo Compact Match pistol. They're both at least 10 years old and haven't seen much use in recent times either. He's dusting them off too as a result of our conversations.

Anybody else getting back into air weaps?

-=[Bob]=-