[Linked Image]

FedEx delivered the P1322 earlier today. First took it in pistol form and fired a round with 6 and 8 pumps each. Nice. Not overly loud either which is a plus. The old Beeman Webley is much louder FWIW. This after checking the crown with a Q-Tip to ensure no burrs needing attention. Found the trigger quite crisp and not heavy at all so I'll leave it be. Along with that I'll defer polishing the inside of the air tube, hammer, etc. for now. Mounted the 1399 shoulder stock, removed some minor plastic flash around the hand grip, and added a tube of dense plumbers insulation foam to act as a cheek piece. Also rotated the sight blade from notch to peep which I prefer. That was a PITA as the screw is very tiny and I'm an old fart. Only nit with this gun is the pump arm linkage which is really sloppy where it connects to the air tube roll pin. I can see where the roll pin should be replaced with a removable solid with either C clips, O rings, or nuts and the two blades on the linkage spread and possibly shimmed to alleviate play. It is also said that a metal breech and stronger barrel band obviate some play with the barrel and pump linkage too.

Intend to put up a few "targets" outside and see how accurate it is. Weather is nice and tomorrow will be even warmer unlike the cold yesterday. Don't want to go with the bullseye targets downstairs until it is somewhat broken in. The pumping is more strenuous than I recall the old Crosman 130 being but of course the newer gun generates a lot more oomph too. And the bolt handle is TINY. I see why there is a market for bigger ones.

-=[Bob]=-