As a kid I had a Sheridan air rifle. I was given this gun to secure food for the family, not recreation. I killed hundreds of edible animals and birds during my youth with that rifle. Ducks geese rabbits, raccoons, turkeys, a couple fox, pheasants, quail, anything I could stalk close enough to and make a perfect head shot.

With those 9-10 pumps it was not much for plinking but was deadly accurate and plenty powerful. I still have this rifle today 40 years later, still works with flawless perfection! No expensive European springer could last that long with as many shots over 40-50 years and still function as well.

However I now have a Air Arms TX200 in .22 caliber. It's a dream! Astonishing accuracy and power with a single rather easy pump stroke. Anything reasonably sized to 50 yards is dead with this air rifle. The down side is the 11 pounds it weighs! With my Primos Trigger sticks, and the Vortex 4-16 power scope it's able to reach out and flatten rabbits with ease.

I own a farm and could shot a firearm anytime. However I go to the air rifle almost daily, no noise, recoil, and cheap to feed!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)