Originally Posted by Anjin

Some might be interested to know that the issue of "Guns & Ammo Big Bore Rifles" in question done by Jack (Jacques) Lott has become a collectors item. The last time I saw it mentioned on Amazon.com, a copy was offered for over $300. It is likely much higher today since that was years ago. As I recall, it was originally $2.95.

It is a good read and informative. I personally have two copies. One is heavily marked up by me in researching for an African hunting trip. The other has been kept untouched and I may give it to my son.

I have a couple of issues I have kept also and the piece Jack wrote on his tussle and being tossed by the buffalo is quite interesting. He admits that it was completley caused by his gut shooting the buff and was in no way the fault of the 458. He even goes on to say how great the 458 performed and how in the hands of Wally Johnson it saved his life .
all of this has been completely ignored by a few writers either have never read it , or who chose to make up stories about how Jack's bashing was the fault of the poor ballistics of the 458.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.