Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Well, I've had a 10EE for a while. A good one is well worth the money. Mine came with a lot more tooling and other misc. tooling and parts. Is it a WIAD or what year is it? Remember some models have old time tubes and electronics. Some of the tubes are almost unattainable and are in the $200-$400 range if you find used ones. I was lucky and received an extra set of tubes. Parts are readily available and expensive. There is still a Monarch USA company. Go to The Practical Machinest forum and they have a very big active forum on Monarch lathes. A lot of very knowledgeable people are on it.
PM me if you need a lead on one. I personally think he is a couple or $3,000 high.

If it hasn't been converted to a VFD, and still has those tubes, I'd avoid the thing, myself. Those tubes, and other parts are in the same price league as the Hardinge stuff.

Gunwizard never learned how to fit a spider to a tailstock, and indicate both ends, apparently.

....the 1 13/32 spindle bore's pretty skookum for most blanks, and can be opened up to an honest 1.5, with a little toolroom savvy.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain