In 7-08 have killed deer with BTs, BSTs, Partitions, Grand Slams, Hot-Cors, TSXs, Power Points, and Hornady SP. Maybe more.

The BTs were the only of said bullets that made more of a mess of things than I prefer on closer range shots. They also did not put 2 holes in the deer. Which not every other bullet did either. I am not sure if I really "require" an exit, as most do not go far enough to matter. They did kill quickly and reliably. But so did the others.

I recall saying something about this to Mule Deer a while back, or maybe last year. I want to say he said that I may have been using the old school BTs and that the jacket had been made thicker and or tougher since then. Not sure. Seen same with many a 270 Win and 130 BTs also. Meat damage on shoulder shots and messy, comparatively speaking, to the other bullets. Those were also the early offerings.

I also used some 140 grain CT BSTs. They also worked well, but again, very messy in comparison to the Partitions and TSXs, etc. that I have used most often. Needless to say, I was turned off by these bullets from the get go, and have never warmed up to them since. They may be better now, I wouldn't know...........