Originally Posted by SargeMO
Thanks guys.

Ron the New Vaqueros are supposedly good for Tier II loads. I find my life is simpler if I use a different bullet each power level I'm going to use.

I like the Hornady swaged RNFP over 7.1 of HP38 (about 825 fps) as a garden pest/small game plinking load.

The Lee 255RF over 8.5 of Universal (950 fps) will handle anything here including our recent migration of smallish black bears.

I don't cast but occasionally see 270 SAA bullets for sale so I'm going to try a top-end Tier II HS6 load that scoots it 1100 fps. Not many places I would be uncomfortable carrying that one. I shot a buck longways with a 255 SWC at that velocity some years back and watched the bullet kick up a hatfull of dead leaves, about 65 yards behind the deer. I have no doubt a 270 SAA at that speed will shoot through five feet of meat and bones.

i had a grandson out yesterday and his first experience with 41magnum. did pretty well actually everything considered. Told him next time he was going to be introduced to 45colt. In many respects just as capable or more capable, with less blast. I have several of the old vaquero's that will take the real high pressure stuff. Just don't need it most of the time.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO