Oh hell its not me with the bat. I might be dumb, especially to AK stuff but I"m not that stupid.

You can't even call them there anymore due to idiots...

We always used either a small antler or a scapula.... I have this one antler that fits my hand reallly well and does nice things.... and happens to hook onto the pack very easily...

The hunters in the area, that are from the coastal areas.... think the more noise you make the better. It is better. To teach the moose to not go that way.

FWIW we tend to get to a place to view often, not a knoll, but just enough height to view, and tend to do a LOT of watching and listening, amazing what you can learn if you just be quiet out in nature and watch and listen, sounds, responses etc.... Probably helps me be able to discern a cow call vs a cow... etc....

We managed to call in 2 hunters one evening, from the morning, when I was calling just a bit, but not loud and doing cow calls and a small grunt by mouth now and then, I figured it was late enough in the AM that most hunters were riding trails again. I guess i was wrong, they sure came looking that evening.... LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....