I head to my local gunshop this morning and what were they unloading from the big brown truck but a supply of Ruger MK-IV pistols in two models.
I opted to unpack the Ruger MK-IV Hunter Model from its box and looked it over and then dis-assembled and re-assembled it.
My first impression of the Ruger MK-IV was even more positive than expected.
I mean the machining, fit and finish on this pistol was not just great - it was PERFECT!
The fiber optic front sight was VERY visible and easily defined to my 69 year old eyes.
I only tried the trigger once there at the shop because I did not have my 22 LR snap cap along with me.
The trigger was at least good in my opinion.
The barrel and receiver do not pivot on a "through pin" like I thought from the pictures and videos I have seen this past week - it is fitted in a (again perfectly machined!) "latch" type fitting between the barrel/receiver and the frame.
I bought it on the spot.
Now to decide if and which red dot sight to get for it.
More, once I get it set-up and range tested.
If I were you (and I realize I am not!) I would make an effort to see one of these pistols in person.
I had planned on travelling all around Montana this weekend (Great Falls, Butte, Bozeman, Ennis and Missoula) in hopes of finding one of these pistols in the flesh - must have been my lucky day today finding one right here in my tiny town.
GREAT job Ruger!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy