Originally Posted by BobinNH
shaman thats a good post! Well said!

Thanks. Truth is I have had a lot of practice. This is one of the top 5 questions I got asked as a pro-staffer. One of the other ones was "What cartridge produces the best blood trail?" My answer was to point them to the latest DRT thread and ask why not just drop them in their tracks and be done with it.

The other answer to this question is as follows:

Take any main battle rifle of the first half of the 20th Century. You're looking at a device that was meant to kill a man at 300 yards. This was before folks got to thinking about body armor and pack weight and other extraneous things. What you end up with is a rifle chambered for something between 6mm and 8mm. Whitetail deer are of the same rough dimensions in the body as a man. If you find something that is good for killing a man at a given distance, it is probably good for killing a deer at the same distance. Add in the fact that you can use expanding bullets on deer and you have a nice bonus. Go find a military chambering (like 30-06, 308 WIN, 8X57,etc.) or something close to it (270 WIN, 7mm-08, etc.) and stop worrying.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer