Originally Posted by BEN243
Sometimes ... like any other bullet, it depends on how and where the deer is hit whether you get a pass through shot or not. However the bullets that stay in the deer cause so much internal damage (if you hit them in the vitals or close to it), that they usually either drop on the spot or never go very far. Several of my friends and I have used the 85 HPBT's with exceptional success for many years and all of us believe that the HPBT's kill deer much faster and cleaner then the 100 grain bullets do. I'm not going to brag about how may deer we've killed using this bullet, but I will say it's been quite a few ... and it's kind of nice to be able to use one bullet for both varmints and deer hunting. Also remember this is a Gameking bullet and is jacketed much heavier then a standard varmint bullet. If you don't believe me, ask Sierra. Ben

If you desire an exit, there is an 80 ttsx from Barnes that will give it every time. And it kills quite well from a round thats a bit slower than 243 even... in 243 it would be my go to. I really need to order some more of them and zero my 243 for it one day but the 243 hasn't shot a deer other than an experimental slow load around 1400 fps and an 80 BT varmint bullet about 50 years ago for low recoil for some kids, which worked like a champ BTW.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....