Originally Posted by jorgeI
Partitions are and continue to be the standard. If your rifle shoots them, use them! I used them in Africa out of my 300 Weatherby with great results. That said the locus of this thread included Sierras, which I would never use on anything except varmints at any speed in any caliber.

I hear folks echo this but I haven't had any issues with some Sierra bullets. I have killed quite a number of animals with the 140 grain Game King from my 260 and 260AI. In fact, this was the bullet that I just took to Kodiak Island on a deer hunt.

This, heavy for caliber bullet, is very accurate, very reliable and very inexpensive. I have killed 400 # bears, bull elk, feral horses, deer and cow elk with this bullet. I have no complaints. At 260 Velocities it holds together and expands to a perfect mushroom, does loads of internal damage and penetrates nicely.

My Kodiak blacktail took one round at 400 yards quartering away. Missed ribs on way in, made a 1" size hole in heart, top of one lung and exited the shoulder. Deer took one step backwards and flopped over dead. This is typical of this bullet.

Shot a large black bear 3 years ago, bear took one step and fell on his nose, range was 20 feet.

I have not used them in my 708 but I'll bet the 160 GK and 175 GK will work the same way.

The Partitions work good but they cost twice as much and are not as easy to get to shoot as these Sierras.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.