Originally Posted by gene270
gander mountain has there #12 on sale which is a 3/4 horsepower grinder....349.95 it states they come with a year warr. but i bought one last year and they have changed to a five year warr. it will do all you want it to do and then some

I too bought the Gander #12 last year about this time when it was on sale, plus gander had a coupon going and free shipping. I don't recall the total but it was less than $300 to my door. This thing is built like a tank, is quiet, powerful, and works very well. They do indeed have a 5 year warranty, not 1 year like it states on the website.

Whatever grinder brand you choose, I wouldn't go any smaller than a #12, and I'd stick with the stainless/commercial type from Gander, Cabelas, LEM, Weston, etc. The other #12 that Gander has (same as the Northern Tool model) works pretty well, but is loud as hell - loud enough you'll consider wearing ear protection. The commercial one I bought last year is quiet enough to have a conversation in normal a voice. Might not seem like a big deal, but after a while it makes a difference.