Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You mentioned "financing" around $20k.

I got my Mahindra 4510Cab w/ loader with a 6' shredder for about that money. The tractor was used with 250 hours on it. 2012 model. The shredder is HD and new.

45hp is pretty handy.

Since then I have added a post hole digger, 6' rotary tiller (gear driven).

Nice to have the cab too.... wink

I'd only finance $10-12K as I have the rest cash. Mahindra isn't popular around here, but I'm sure it's a good tractor. Closest place to get parts or look at a tractor is over 100 miles away, and the opposite direction I traveled yesterday. There are only three dealerships in Colorado to choose from and two are owned by the same company. I do have Kubota, NH, JD, Case/IH, MF, and LS all within a 30 min drive though.

I'm willing to travel to look at tractors as I'm close to KS, OK, and TX but I haven't got the nerve to buy one from one of the tractor trader magazines sight unseen. Work conflicts is my biggest issue though with traveling to find a tractor.

Cabs are nice, but most of the time they aren't in the budget. I have tons of tractor experience but all of them are larger tractors 100+ hp. I just get tired of driving 130 miles round trip to go get one of the larger farm tractors my family owns to maintain my property, I'm looking for something small to keep on my place.

I have a 40X60 shop with concrete floor and a 50X120 hay barn, so at least I don't have to build something to store what I buy. wink