My Kahr CW45 was stolen from my vehicle in May, 2014. I'm pretty sure I know who took it but can't prove it.

So I filed a police report in the town where it was taken and also told my police officer friend, Todd, about it. December 20, same year, I get a call from Todd at about 8:30 one morning telling me that he had just recovered my gun! He and his partner had been called to a local motel to check out a disturbance that turned out to be two guys and a woman having a disagreement over some drug deal. The woman and one druggie were attempting to get away from the other one so he shot the guy from behind, hitting him in the left thigh. Todd got there right after this bit of excitement had taken place and spotted what he took to be a gun in the perp's pocket. Told him to put the gun down but idiot says he has no gun so Todd pounced him and got the gun.

The dude that got the shot never knew he had been hit until he felt some blood on his leg so Todd is taking him to the hospital and decided to run the serial of the gun. BINGO! My gun! So he quickly called me to give me the good news.

Doctor examines the guys leg, cleaned the in and out holes, put a band aid on them tells Todd that that was the cleanest gunshot wound he had ever seen. No harm done.

So Thursday I get a notice from the PD to come out and get my gun. No hassle at all so now my Kahr is happily keeping me company again, thanks to Todd and the local PD.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.