Congradulations on getting your gun back! I had one stolen fron my home along with a JW-15 .22cal rifle, computer ,wifes gold jewelry.I told this story on another forum a few years ago, but I'll tell it again cause it'a pretty rare set of circumstances that all came together. The gun I got back was a Colt GoldCup National Match Commander Model, in stainless steel, with Custom Edition stamped on the left side of the frame, kinda rare. 10 yrs. pass and I get a call from the Volusia County Sheriffs Dept. The same deputy that came out on the call was in the Orlando PD evidence room and spotted my gun! He calls me, I have the same phone number, still at the same house, he is still with the same police department He says to call my insurance company and tell them the police have recovered my gun, and he would bring the gun to a substation in Volusia Co. so I could come there to pick up the gun! Well originally the insurance co. replaced my NM Commander Gold Cup with a National Match Gold Cup government model, because Colt wasn't making Commander models. Insurance company says it's been so long, just keep the NM gov. modedl! For 10 yrears I kept the box and paper work for a gun that was gone, just could not toss them cause it was a rare gun. So now I have my gun back complete with the original box/paperwork, and my son has a Government GoldCup National Match! Sorry for the book sized reply but I still can not believe I got my gun back...............buntingmiester