Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by djs
My question for Trump is how will he return jobs? He (Trump Inc.) exported jobs for neck ties (formerly made in New York City to Hong Kong), jobs for shirts (formerly made in PA to Bangladesh), jobs for shirts (formerly made in Chicago to Indonesia), jobs for souvenirs (formerly made in USA to China), jobs for furniture (formerly made in NC to Turkey), etc. Without even being elected, he could get jobs back to the USA right now!.

In the 2012 election cycle, he was asked why he had Trump-branded products made overseas and he replied that "Americans won't work for $6 per day." Maybe he'll lower the minimum wage in the US to $6/day so we can get those jobs back.

You forgot the chicom steel he used in his Las Vegas hotel. crazy

I really hated to waste the time, but decided maybe you just have no business experience and a few minutes spent might give eyesight to the blind.

These are the corporate tax rates in the countries you mentioned:
Hong Kong 16.5%
Bangladesh 27.5%
Indonesia 25%
China 25%
Turkey 20%

Compared that with the US corporate tax rate of 38.9% and it is obvious why companies produce offshore. In this case it's like getting between 14% and 22% extra margin . . . automatically.

And some countries will negotiate down to 0% to attract the right business.

Factor in the low labor rates in some of these countries, and there is no choice . . . a CEO would be crucified if they didn't move their production.

BTW, do you really think Trump selected the vendor/source for his steel crazy Maybe he just selected the contractor wink

Architect specs what type steel to use, multiple steel firms bid on it and one with the lowest price usually wins. If only this type of steel exists readily and it comes from CHina what the F do the so called experts here expect? I guess they don't remember Japan and then China dumping steel on our market. What has the present government done about it ? NOT A PHUGGING THING